Credentials and Education:
- B.S. in Economics, Northeastern University 2008
- FINRA Series 3, 7, 65, 66 (7 & 66 lapsed)
- Completed CFA Level 1 examination June 2010, no current plans to take L2
- Portfolio Manager, New River Investments May 2011 - Present
New River Investments is a Registered Investment Adviser located in downtown Ft Lauderdale, FL. Responsibilities:
- Financial and modeling
- Risk management and modeling
- Co-managing the New River Investments Special Opportunities LP portfolio
- Working with other managers to generate investment ideas, structure trades, isolate wanted risks and hedge undesired risks.
- Software Architect, Cantella & Co., Inc. May 2005 - September 2010
Cantella & Co., Inc. is an independent broker-dealer that provides back-office services to registered representatives and investment advisers. Major achievements:
- Quantitative exception-reporting systems for compliance, operations and trading departments
- Production and retention calculating and reporting systems
- ETL (extract, transform, load) software solutions and relational storage schema design for a variety of data vendors, including National Financial Services, Pershing, Raymond James, JP Morgan (Bear Stearns), Jefferies, DST, NSCC, DTCC, MSRB and FINRA among others.
- Electronic paperwork-submission services for both Pershing and NFS. In both instances these were bleeding-edge systems not available to other broker dealers
- A next-generation digital document management, archival and processing system, including paperless workflows; email, copier and web interfaces; and redundant, scalable storage and preprocessing subsystem.
- Various web interfaces and reporting tools
- A completely compliant XMPP-based instant messaging solution, including message archiving and a web-based review interface.
- Mastery of: Perl 5, SQL, HTML, Excel
- 4 years experience administering mySQL servers
- 2 years experience implementing and maintaing FastCGI applications and nginx web servers
- Structured credit products
- Interest rate and credit derivatives
- Credit analysis
- Bloomberg software and APIs (Excel, R, Perl)
- Fluent in both spoken and written Spanish
- Vanilla and exotic options. In-depth knowledge of pricing models, Greeks and strategies.
- Parks and public gardens
- Waste management and waste-water treatment
- Experimental film
- Language and linguistics